The UK has some of the finest universities in the world. These are the oldest institutions of all time and have proven themselves to be the epitome of academic excellence. However, this excellence also means that they do not come cheap. So, unless you’re a millionaire, the chances of you being able to afford a full higher education there are bleak.
However, for deserving students around the world, there are several scholarships to choose from that will allow them to study at the University of their Dreams without having to empty the entirety of their bank account after selling their house. These scholarships mostly apply to students from anywhere in the world and will allow them to study at the most amazing universities the world has ever seen. All you really have to do is get into the university, and dissertation writing services agencies should be able to help you out with the rest.
What scholarship would be the easiest to win?
Of course, with every scholarship for a university of this standard, you would be competing with thousands of other applicants for huge amounts of money to complete your education. The number of students alone makes your chances of winning this scholarship really weak. You should aim for any scholarship that you may have a chance of winning, even if the reward is relatively small. Something is better than nothing, right?
Here is how to make sure you get as close to winning as possible: pick scholarships to apply for where you meet 100% of the criteria. A lot of students skip certain things thinking that others will too, which means if you are one of the rare exceptions meeting every single criteria set by the scholarship providers, you will automatically be prioritized over the other applicants.
Here are 4 easy scholarships for any student to apply to a UK university:
British Chevening Scholarships
Funded by the government, these UK scholarships are especially for international students to coursework help them out financially. Since their origin in the 1980s, they have brought over 50,000 students from their eligible countries to study in the UK, and the application process begins in autumn.
- It should be noted that a requirement for this scholarship is that you must return to your country or origin for a minimum of two years after the end of your scholarship.
- You will need an undergraduate degree that will get you into a UK university, otherwise admission will not be possible.
- You must be a citizen of one of British Chevening’s eligible countries. This will qualify you as an applicant for this scholarship.
This scholarship allows outstanding students from around the world to study at any UK university for a master’s degree. They are looking for ambitious leaders that are willing to improve the world in any way they can, this is the criteria their personalities are judged as students on.
The Royal Society Grants
They have partnership grants which they make available to students willing to pursue science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. These awards are for school to allow students to pursue these fields, and the students would have to be aged 5-18, so they are aimed at a much younger demographic. They also offer this money to colleges to help with research purposes.
- This step taken by STEM would help students figure out what they want to do in the future by giving them a rough idea of how things work in the world of science. It is a great way to get them interested in the field.
- A school worker, such as a teacher or any staff member, or a STEM worker would all be eligible for this scholarship.
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Programme
This scholarship provides a more limited number of awards for postgraduate students, and it is need-based. Every year, they select outstanding students from different developing countries and give them a chance to complete their higher education in the UK. These students often would have no other way of completing their studies through any means.
- The scholarships are awarded on a 50%grant and 50%loan basis, which means the students would later have to pay a certain amount back, once they are established and have completed their studies.
- The grant is for a lot of South Asian countries, namely Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique.
- If you do not belong to the above-mentioned countries at the time of application, but belong to one of them originally, you may still apply. You will be applicable on the basis of your origin.
- Students below 30 years of age are preferred as eligible candidates. They must also show proof of consistently excellent academic records.
It is a diverse programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish government that allows students from several different (but limited) countries to study in Scotland. It allows studies in the fields of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy. Not only will this be an amazing academic experience for the selected students, but it will also expand personal experience greatly. In order to be eligible:
- You must not have previously received a Saltire scholarship
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Pakistan, USA or China
- Prove that you can cover the living expenses as well as your remaining tuition fees while you are living in Scotland.
- You must not have previously completed a full degree in Scotland.
Scotland’s main focus as a country is to produce the most competent people in order to be a more successful country.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Andrew Johnson is a 25-year-old Stanford University graduate. He has always been a great fan of classic literature, which shows in all of his artwork and writing. His art is very well received online, and a lot of people buy it due to its uniqueness and creativity. He has also worked as an Eazy research over the course of his career.