We all know that eyes are very important for us but why do we take them for granted. We have been to busy taking care of our skin, hair, and other parts of our body but we have put aside eye care most of the time. Getting regular eye exams from a respected optometrist is one of the most eye care tips you can consider. Making an annual trip to the eye doctor is a must, as they do tests to make sure your vision stays consistent and that you do not have glaucoma or other eye diseases.
It is important to take care of your eyes while reading, and one of the most important of all eye care tips is proper lighting. As you grow old, your eye needs more light than teens. The sun provides the same amount of light from the time of existence. The issues are therefore not with the light at all, it rather because of the eyesight becoming dull.
Some important tips for eye care:-
- One of the best ways for you to keep eyes functioning properly is to ensure that you have a diet rich in beta-carotene. Many fruits and vegetables are beta-carotene rich, including carrots, spinach, papaya, and mangoes.
- Do not rub your eyes for any reason but just blink your eyelids. Blinking is a good massage and exercise to the eyes.
- Use a clean cotton ball dipped in milk to clean your eyes. Milk is a good and safe natural cleanser.
- To simplify complex topics such as nutrition and exercise, we need to look back at how our ancient ancestors lived. I am not suggesting that we should return to the life of a Bushman, but we should recognize the value of treating our bodies with the same care and respect as he does.
- Another tip to maintain pure-looking eyes is using salt. Put a little salt into a water tub and wash your eyes every day with that liquid. This method will help your eyes look bright and pure.
- It is a known fact that looking directly at the sun, lasers, or any strong source of light for an extended period can make you go blind. However, few know that mere but frequent exposure to sunlight, especially during midday, can cause real damage to the eyes in the long run.
- If you are working near flying particles, make it a point to wear protective eyewear. If you have children at home, do not succumb to their wishes of owning laser pointers as light coming from them and aimed at the eye can prove more damaging than staring at the sun directly.
- Take iron and calcium-rich diet as their shortage are one of the dominant factors for black circles under the eyes.
- We should infuse regular work hours with short breaks. You can try a small and easy exercise during one of such breaks: "First, blink your eyes several times. While you keep your eyes closed, roll your eyeballs both clockwise and anticlockwise and take a deep breath.
- Vitamin A -it helps from many eye disorders; lack of vitamin A can lead to corneal ulcer and night blindness. Source of vitamin A: - carrots, sweet potatoes, and liver and many green vegetables.
It is always safe to consult an eye doctor who has been referred to you by a relative or a close friend. Their experiences will always tell you how the eye doctor has been efficient in carrying out his job.
Click on the mentioned link for more about eye care tips:- https://www.drniteshbansal.com/