If you want to get more detail about ED and men impotence then have a peek here: EDBalance
Reasons For Low Sex Drive In Men Due To Aging
There are a number of reasons that are responsible for men losing their sex drive, as they age and here are some of these reasons:
- Chronic Illnesses: There are some illnesses that never go away and they keep growing and growing. If any man suffers from such an illness, the man starts to lose interest in sex. And as the man gets older, as the illness continues to torment him, his interest in sex is lost totally. Some such illnesses are high cholesterol, cancer, obesity, liver failure, high blood pressure, lung failure, heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, and kidney failure.
- Stress: If a man is stressed out and this stress keeps on building up as he ages, he finds it hard to find sex pleasurable. As such, he loses in interest in having sex and so, with age, his sex drive gets lesser and lesser until he has a low sex drive.
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): This is when there is an uncontrollable urge to keep moving the legs. Studies have shown that men who suffer from RLS, are at a far higher risk of getting ED, as compared to men who do not have RLS. Men who suffered from RLS more frequently were at a much higher risk of losing interest in sex and the situation got worse, as they grew older.
- Depression: Life is extremely tough in the world we live in today. As such, there are so many reasons that could result in any man getting depressed. If things do not get better in the life of a man, the depression keeps growing and growing and it gets worse with age. As such, with an increase in age and the increase in depression, the man slowly starts to get a low sex drive.
- Endocrine Disorder: One of the reasons why men lose interest in sex as they grow older, is because of a decrease in their male sex hormones, which is caused by an endocrine disorder.
- Sleep Issues: Some men have trouble with sleeping. And if this problem is not dealt with, the issue could get worse and as the man gets older, the issue could become very bad. Lack of sleep could result in low testosterone levels and this could result in the man losing sleep – making the problem worse with age, resulting in low sex drive in the man.
- Medications: Over a period of years, it is likely that a man may have used a number of medicines for various illnesses. Not all of these medicines are good and some of them would have had adverse side effects and taken their toll, after continued usage over the years. As such, as the man gets older, because of this continued use of medicines, he would lose interest in sex, as some of these drugs would have had that kind of effect on him, making him have a low sex drive.
- Testosterone Levels: The level of testosterone in a man is linked to the sex drive of the man. In his late teens, a male has the highest level of testosterone. But as the man gets older, this level starts to drop and as such, the older the man, the lesser is his sex drive.
- Low Self Esteem: As a man grows older, if things have gone wrong for him in life, he can lose his self-esteem. As a result of this, he can lose his drive for sex and he can even have no interest in sex at all, resulting in him having a low sex drive, as he gets older.
- No Exercise: It is very important to exercise regularly. If a man does not exercise at all or just exercises irregularly, as he gets older, it takes a toll on him. And, lack of exercise can even result in him losing an appetite for sex, as he ages, giving him a low sex drive.
- Erectile Function: As men grow older, they start to suffer from what is known as erectile dysfunction. This means, the man is not able to keep his erection for more than one minute so that he can have good sex with his partner. With an increase in age, this problem gets worse and over time, as a result of this issue, some men have no sex drive whatsoever.
The Truth About Age And Low Sex Drive
Men start to lose interest in sex, due to various reasons. Of course, this is a generalized statement and there is no standard measurement to answer what is considered low sex drive. Men can lose their desire for sex, at any age, due to any number of reasons. There can be no doubt at all, that there are many factors that come into play, regarding low sex drive in men, factors that will determine male sexual desire and the quality of sexual functions of a man.
Latest surveys clearly reveal that with age, there is a resultant decrease in the sexual desires of men. But the real decrease in sexual desire of men starts at a very late age that is at the age of 75. But the good news is that, even though a man is old, there are some men who enjoy having sex. And you can be this way too, but there are some things you need to do. Things like changing your lifestyle, having a good diet, exercising regularly and the like, can help you fight low sex drive.
Treatments Available For Low Sex Drive
Yes, there are a number of treatments that are available for men who suffer from a low sex drive and some of these are:
- If it is not too late, you need to change your medicines, if you know the ones that are causing you to have a sex drive that is low.
- Do not drink alcohol and if you do, reduce your intake of it.
- Exercise regularly.
- Testosterone replacement therapy.
- Reduce your stress.
- If you smoke, quit it or reduce it.
- Seek counseling.
- Make changes in your diet.
- If you are obese, get rid of your obesity.
- Opt for a healthier lifestyle.
How To Increase Sex Drive
This is not an easy answer, as there would be a number of factors that would come into play, such as your age, your mental condition, your present and past health history, the illnesses that you are suffering from, how long you are suffering from these illnesses, are you suffering from any chronic diseases, how physically fit are you, etc.
As such, there is no singular answer that can be given to you on how to deal with low sex drive, as the complications involved are way too many. If you have been running around in circles, trying and trying to get the answer to I have no sex drive and it's ruining my relationship, then you have two options available to you. One, keep running around in circles, for you will not get this answer – not on your own! Two, if you have a low sex drive and you want to know how you can change that and have good sex, talk to a doctor!