PTE is a standardized computer-based examination for non-native English speakers to test their level of English proficiency. If you are planning to go abroad for further studies or have plans to migrate to Australia or New Zealand and need a visa then you will have to submit a proof of your English proficiency. Taking the PTE exam is the best choice but it requires enough practice to get an outstanding score on it.
You can tackle the PTE exam though PTE mock test as it is an exact simulation of the real PTE exam which is designed to understand and familiarize the students with the exam format of the PTE exam.
Characteristics of the PTE mock test
PTE mock test comprises 4 sections which is similar to the real PTE exam. These sections are: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. Each section has sub-tasks and in total, there are 20 sub-tasks.
Every section on the PTE mock test has a specific time allotted to them which is similar to the PTE exam. You will have to respond to the tasks within the allotted timeframe.
PTE mock test has a scoring system which is similar to the PTE exam. It is an automated scoring system based on complex algorithms that imitate the evaluation pattern of a human test checker that is based on several previous responses given by the test takers. This scoring system has recorded responses of thousands of non-native test takers that have different first language.
PTE mock test has different difficulty levels that keep changing in real-time which is similar to the PTE exam.
Advantages of PTE mock test
- PTE mock test improves your level of confidence while speaking.
- It gives you an experience of the real PTE exam environment and prepares you well in advance to handle pressure in a clocked environment.
- PTE mock test helps to improve your fluency in speaking your response.
- The scoring system of the PTE mock test is similar to the PTE exam which helps to evaluate the areas that need improvement. This makes you focus on your weaker areas.
- Multiple varying difficulty modes keep changing which prepares you to answer every kind of question with ease.
- It prepares you to frame responses in a structured manner so flow is maintained and the reader understands what you are trying to convey.
- PTE mock test also prepares you to write impactful opening and closing statements to create a good impression on the readers' minds about your English.
- It will help you to adopt a habit of writing strong conclusions and inferences which helps to add weight to your response.
- PTE mock test teaches you to manage time efficiently.
You should always set a target score before starting your practice to prepare for the PTE exam. This will help you to stay focused and push yourself to achieve the goal. With determination and dedication to doing hard work, acing the exam will be easy. After doing thorough practice, you should opt for the PTE mock test to get a rough idea of how much you will score on the actual exam. If you can get your target score then you are prepared to take the PTE exam. But if you are still far from your goal then you should find out your weaker areas that need improvement. You should go through strategy and tips on how to ace those areas which will help you to improve your score and get you closer to your goal.
After thorough preparation, you should take the PTE exam with confidence. You can ace the exam if you have done enough practice and have built the needed skills.
PTE mock test will help you to know everything about the actual exam and these tests are easily available online. If you have opted for online PTE coaching then your trainer will ask you to take the PTE mock test for evaluating your performance. Many websites that come with PTE mock test and gives free score evaluation. Usually, it takes some time to evaluate your score but the scoring criteria are the same as that of the actual exam.