Organizations and professionals nowadays do not like to take risk of not having proper backups. The exchange comes up with the multiple features that are generally effective at performing a complete Exchange Server backup and Restore. Because, the parameters of all of the specialized utilities will rely upon the exacting mailbox volume, server stipulations, along with other allied factors.
Need for Exchange Server Backup:
There are some reasons behind the Exchange Server Backup and backup in PST files is always chosen:
- Contain a backup of mailboxes in .pst file becomes a benefit in case of probability data loss.
- PST files are effortless to perform therefore if there is require moving data from .pst files, it becomes a simple job.
- Data in .pst files continue in the local system of users thus in case of diffidence to Exchange Server, data in the local machine comes usefully.
Exchange Server Backup using Various Methods
We come with working and useful backup ways for the Exchange server.
To recover an Exchange Server, Microsoft allows the option to recover Exchange exclusive of using the default OS Backup.
For case, to recover the damage Exchange Server, we have to install a new Windows Server with an accurate name and service pack. The Exchange Server settings are lain up in Active Directory. The Setup.exe /Mode: Recover Server command acts a key role even as the installation of Exchange on a new server with the correct name. However, to execute the recovery during the installation, you need to begin towards the Active Directory and rearrange the former account.
After that, users can connect with the newest Active Directory domain subsequent a similar name. Likewise, a restart is required command given under;
[setup /mode:recover server /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms]
Some manual and automated methods are available to backup and restore Exchange Server mailboxes. Follow this.
- Export Mailboxes to PST Files Manually:
Manually exporting the mailboxes to PST files would be the simplest and old-style method to backup the Exchange Server & Restore mailbox. Doing this, will maintain the data stored in a prepared manner and also give access to Outlook clients. Users can just convert the data in the PST file using the Exchange Admin Center. The procedure is fairly easy; the same procedure will apply while backing up each mailbox to PST.
Enable or disable single item recovery
When creating a new mailbox in Exchange, there the single item recovery gets disable. But, if users enable this feature, this will help to restore the items from the mailbox.
How single item recovery works.
To a single user, recovery enables a single item, use the following command.
[Set-Mailbox–Identity ‘Desmond Miles’–SingleItemRecoveryEnabled $true]
To a single user, recovery disables a single item, type $false.
If you are not confident with the above single item recovery is enabled use the one more command;
[Get-Mailbox –Identity ‘Desmond Miles’ | select SingleItemRecoveryEnabled]
Manually not preferred?
- Required technical skills; the probability of data loss is high.
- Very time-consuming as well as dull.
- Not smooth processing and features. Raised human error in manual ways.
2. Shoviv Exchange Server Backup and Restore
Shoviv Exchange Server Backup and Restore Software is a seamless tool for the perfect backup of Exchange Server mailboxes. This tool takes backup into PST files that can be open in all versions of Outlook and Windows O.S. It comes with extremely user-friendly GUI with various user-oriented features. This tool provides complete and Incremental backup and allows an option to schedule backup tasks for interrupted backup.
Features of Shoviv Exchange Server Backup and Restore:
- Shoviv Exchange Server Backup and Restore lets user’s naturally backup Exchange mailboxes in PST files. This tool is organized with a higher algorithm hence efficiently backups multiple Exchange Server Mailboxes.
- The tool performs on a Job-based backup process hence there is no necessitate to create connection unsurpassed.
- This tool lets users remain the folder hierarchy suitably managed and reserved so that the EDB emails folder is recognized without upsetting the order of emails and data.
- The tool offers programmed periodic backup options using which users can program the backup process.
- In this tool, an advanced feature for the full and incremental option is also facilitated.
- As the Shoviv Exchange Server Backup and Restore name recommend, it also accomplished to restore data from PST files to Exchange mailboxes.
As manual methods have numerous drawbacks and take too a lot of time also doesn’t assurance a successful backup. Hence, using Shoviv Exchange Server Backup and Restore would be the top expectations. It is also available in the demo version which allows performing 50 items per folders.
For more information visit – https://www.shoviv.com/exchange-server-backup.html