Ways To Keep The Security Deposit Protected

Share with :
Ways To Keep The Security Deposit Protected

When you are signing the lease and give the security deposit to the landlord, the stress also starts with that. You can’t compromise a single penny to be deducted from that, and the amount is not also a smaller one, it can be equivalent to one month’s rent. So, the question may come to your mind how you give the protection to this amount and for having the idea related to the same, here the article is. Read it.

Things to do before the move

At the time, you will hand over the amount; you need to get the proof with you. No matter what the medium you use to pay, get a copy of the same with you that stating how much you are paying to the landlord. As an example, if you pay through the credit card, then you will get the statement of the same, make a copy of the same.

Don’t even forget to ask the landlord to mention the terms and conditions and other things on the contract, so that the transparency is there and you can show the paper in case any problem is there to get back the deposit. There are many landlords who are good but just forget what the commitments are made related to the deposit amount when the tenure starts. So, keep this in mind and if the Anne Arundel County property managementand related things are taken care of by the property manager, then also you should tell your needs. When these are included, then you just make a sign and have this with you as the proof.

After moving in

This will be always good to pay the rent on time. If you can’t do that, then it can be possible that the landlord takes the same from your deposit and the calculation can make confusion. Also, if any damage is there because of you, then also for repairing the same, the landlord can take the money. Surely, calculating the cost of the same will never be so easy. But this is also true that if the landlord will make any improvement or the damage is not your fault, then the payment will not be done by you. So, doing the track of the same will be your responsibility and communicate accordingly. If you have the doubt how you can handle the dispute, then here the ways are:


You should do an inspection after moving in. You can ask your landlord or the manager from Anne Arundel County property management companywho will take care of all on behalf of the owner to be with you so that you can make them aware of what the problems are and also take the pictures of the same. Each thing should be mentioned in the checklist. Surely, this way, you have the extra information about the condition of the home and if anything is claimed that is not done by you, identifying the same will be easier for you.

Request for the repairs

When any problem is there, you should inform the property management company Maryland and ask them to fix that. You should do a writing complaint as this will be a proof for you. If you can’t do that and the single mistake will become bigger, then the fault will be yours and you may face issues for it. So, keep informing about the same for making yourself free from unwanted circumstances.

What to do when moving out

When you are just shifting to another unit, there will be lots of things that you need to do. Otherwise, the amount from your deposit will be deducted, and you can’t do that. So, keep in mind the exit clauses and fulfill each of that. Cleaning should be done and also if there is any damage, then try to fix the same. After all, you should schedule a meeting with the landlord and in your presence do the walkthrough. This will help you to know what the thought process over there and if anything unethical, then you can tell your side as well and fix it immediately. Doing the proper work on papers will be needed and make your exit in every term perfectly. After doing everything, if you still find that the landlord can’t give your deposit back, then you may take the help from the law of your state and process to get back your amount.

Well, these are the things to be taken care of and then the deposit amount will be there with you, don’t need to worry about anything. Some cases end at the court and if that is the last option, then following that will be the option. You can take help from the local housing authority or tenant right group as well.