QuickBooks is one of the most comprehensive accounting software in the world. It has got a standing of one of the best software in the marketplace in the present times. This has enhanced its reputation because the features related to the software make working on this software extremely easy even for people who do not come from accounting background.
Despite the fact that the software cuts down on time and energy in handling the financial processes, errors and some minor glitches do crop up at times.
Error 1603 occurs when you install or open QuickBooks Desktop after you install. When this error occurs, you may see one of the following error messages on your desktop screen:
- Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.
- Error Status 1603: Unable to apply the patch.
- MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.
A pop-up window with the following messages may appear on your screen:
- Install Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Install Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework while installing QuickBooks.
Signs of QuickBooks Error Code 1603
- The Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer is not installed correctly.
- If you are not using the updated version of the OS.
- There are some permissions that are hindering the installation.
- Some company file could be locked.
- The ‘Windows Temp Folders’ are full.
- QuickBooks installation is corrupted.
- Microsoft Windows Installer is corrupted.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 1603
- Malware or Virus infection has corrupted the QuickBooks program files or Desktop Windows files.
- Incomplete installation or a corrupt QuickBooks software download.
- Corrupted desktop windows registry from any fresh QuickBooks software modification.
- Any other program maliciously or mistakenly removed the QuickBooks related files.
- Your windows registry does not have a valid entry.
- System shutdown is there because of the Power failure.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 1603
Download and Run the QBinstallTool.exe file
- Download & install the ‘QBInstallTool.exe’ file that has ‘648 KB’ file size.
- Save this file type onto the desktop.
- Click on this saved QuickBooks file in order to run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- In case, the problem still persists follow the next method.
Repair MSXML 4.0
QuickBooks Installation Process via CD:
- Insert the QuickBooks CD, if the QB installation windows pop-up then shut it down.
- Install the ‘MSXML’ in the operating system by following the instruction.
On Windows 7 or Vista:
- Click on the Windows or Start icon.
- In the search dialogue box, type-in exe /fvaum “D:/QBOOKS/msxml.msi” and click Enter.
- Replace D In case your CD drive letter is different.
On Windows XP:
- In the Windows tab, select the Run icon.
- In the search box, type-in the ‘msiexec.exe/fvaum ‘D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi’ and click OK.
Download QuickBooks Diagnostics Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. This tool helps settle issues caused by third party applications like .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
- Sign-in as the System Administrator.
- Search & open the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on the Install Diagnostic tool.
- Click to download & save the file on the system.
- Close all the background application.
- Select the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file and click on the Run option.
- Run the Complete Scan on the system & repair the issues.
Uninstall QuickBooks desktop
- Press the “Windows + R” keys, on your keyboard to open the “Run” command.
- Type in Control Panel, then click on “OK” button.
- Click on “Programs and Features” option.
- Choose the QuickBooks icon, In the list of programs.
- Choose “Uninstall/Change” option here.
- Follow the screen instructions to complete the process.
Update Windows to latest version
If you are still getting the same error, download and install Windows Updates.
- Install the missing updates related to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
- Press the “Windows” key, on your keyboard
- Open the “windows search bar” and type “Windows Update” there.
- Choose the option for “Check for Updates“