In the multi-million dollar eCommerce industry, brands need to have an e-buying option for consumers; else, competitors with a presence on multiple platforms win the game. Although expensive initially, building an eCommerce site is reasonably affordable nowadays.
Most brands across industries have added the 'Add to Cart' option to their website, while some developed a separate eCommerce site, exclusively for their customers.
But the question is, do brands get business just by launching an eCommerce site? Yes, they do!
The success of any eCommerce site depends on the rankings and conversion rate.
Brands can succeed in online sales and customer satisfaction by applying the latest, relevant SEO practices. Similar to regular websites, e-Commerce sites can improve marketing strategy to strengthen SEO positions.
SEO for e-commerce site works the same way as it does on other websites, and surely an essential part of the marketing strategy. The strategy involves a combination of keywords and page elements to be optimized to get the attention of search platforms and impact SERP rankings positively. It also includes link building to generate traffic and introduces the power of e-commerce SEO.
Paid ads and branding activities help in building the brand, but implementing SEO generates organic traffic and ensures long-term success. Here are seven ways to improve the e-Commerce marketing strategy.
- Content: Great SEO begins with excellent content. E-commerce sites must maintain and regularly update their blogs. Adding new content at regular intervals is the best way to build good SEO. Additionally, researching content is vital for creating unique and original content for the site or blogs. It is critical to work with the best SEO company in India for writing services and producing fresh content.
- Keywords: SEO position would be complete by using the right set of keywords. It is usually tricky for e-commerce sites to figure out which keywords work best. But identifying how consumers think and what keywords they use helps improve SEO rankings. However, brands should not overuse keywords, use keywords organically, research keywords for new content, and stick to relevant keywords.
- Research Competitors: Keyword research is the halfway mark in strengthening SEO position. The balance half is to analyze the strategy and keywords used by competitors. When studying the activities of competitors, it is imperative to check mentions of products or services on other sites. The remarks may be in blogs or third-party websites.
- Reviews: Mentions or shout outs on other sites, as well as blogs, are the best ways to attract consumer attention. But there is a better and the more significant way; every customer searches for are the reviews. Whether it is a service or a product, a review catches the attention instantly. Around 90% of customers look for online reviews and trust and consider them as recommendations. It adds to user engagement and increases search rankings.
- Meta Description: Meta description appears below the main heading of the site. This description surfaces in the SERPs and entices users to click on the weblink. Meta descriptions have high importance and should be creative and precise. Writing meta descriptions for e-Commerce websites selling a wide range of products is challenging. SEO experts working in SEO company India or SEO agency India can write unique meta descriptions for every page.
- Schema Markups: Schema Markups are useful for e-Commerce but usually not utilized. Schema Markups are snippets of codes that place price tags and star ratings right in the SERPs to better the results. They do not affect the search rankings but are an eye-catching element to increase the possibilities of a click.
- Site Audit: Duplicate or plagiarized content, pages with poor performance, and 404 error messages affect page ranking, especially on e-commerce sites, which have numerous temporary product pages. Most brands forget dead and duplicate pages that are not required. Hence, to overcome problem areas, performing site audits at regular intervals is the ideal solution.
e-Commerce SEO is an ongoing process, and it takes time and effort to build consistent and organic traffic. Following the above steps and creating fresh content is an excellent way to maintain search rankings.